Why seek counselling or therapy?
People come for counselling or therapy when they are experiencing a crisis such as a relationship breakdown, bereavement or loss of confidence, or to resolve more longstanding issues such as difficulty forming or sustaining relationships, repeating unhealthy patterns, or feeling things just aren't quite right.
How can therapy help?
The purpose of therapy is to address those aspects of your life that are troubling you and to bring about change. We do this by looking together collaboratively at the underlying issues that are causing you problems. As well as exploring your conscious thoughts, we will pay attention to some of the unconscious processes that may be contributing to your difficulties. Getting to understand yourself better isn't always an easy process, but it is a rewarding one.
As a counsellor and psychotherapist, I see clients with a range of problems, including:
- anxiety, depression, feeling low or panicky;
- relationship difficulties (including breakdown and betrayal);
- low self-confidence or self-esteem;
- lack of direction/ indecision;
- work related problems such as stress, frustration and exhaustion;
- loss (including bereavement, loss of health or a job);
- sexual and sexuality issues;
Find the Practice
9 Coldbath Square
London EC1R 5HL